Saturday, August 29, 2009

Natures of Us

Yo again! I'm posting this post from Ipoh,my hometown. Well...this time I'm gonna talk about a very complex life-form, the Human Being.

We, humans are really complex living organisms. We can think, feel, interpret and do much more things...than all those lifeforms on Earth, we are the "Gifted Ones". And with emotions, we can be happy, sad, sorrowful, heartbroken, guilty, forgiving, merciful, merciless, cruel, caring, and the most common of all, GREEDINESS, and much more.

It's is human's greed that drives us to go further, to achive what we can't achieve and sometimes even to eliminate each other in order to get the thing that we want, that is what makes us the cruelest of lifeforms. People will even kill other people for what they want most, money, life, the fun of watching poeple die, or revenge. Vengeance is never good, so if your planning for revenge, digging a grave for that guy, dig one for yourself too.

Another emotion is Fear. And most poeple fear the most feared of all, Death. Death should not be feared, live life to the fullest, enjoy and cherish what you have now, do what you've always wanted to do, it is not Death you should be waiting for after retirement or something else, but it's to live life in a different way instead of working whole day long, that is the True Elixir of Longevity.

Death shall not be in vein,
For it brought some Balance to the World,
Death should not be feared,
Nor avoided,
As it is Natural,
To bring balance to this unbalanced world.
(Half an extract from,
Guthix's Book of Balance.)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

=) I kindda miss Ipoh too. Ed says he's goin to visit me the next time I go there. Which is probably in Dec. How often dyou go back ah?

Hmm.. in jie's opinion lar.. human greed doesn't drive anyone anywhere. What makes us want to achieve our goals is human ego. I achieve self-actualisation, then I feel good about myself. That kind of thing.

They don't call it sweet revenge for nothing =P Just kidding. Always good to let it go.

About fearing death ler.. there're two prospectives lah. For example, I fear death, hence I should live life to the fullest, while I still have it. Another situation is the cowardly type where.. I shouldn't do anything that can put my life in danger! Like ban roller coasters for life! That's just sad.

Haha! Your poem very deep. I'm sure Ed will recite it to me =X

xXxTerancexXX said...

lol...jie...